Scan data life
  • so i tried chat but java didn't like that.

is a time to live for scan data? can i set it? i would like my scan data to die after a month or so.
  • Some statistics decay over time, some do not. there is no unilateral way to have scan data older than 1 month to expire, many of the statistics do not support this because we would have to save too much data to make them work that way.
  • Thanks Dinesh. I usually just set for all data to terminate after 1 month. anything older than that won't typically give you a good appraisal anyway.
  • oh well, since you dug up a year-old thread...

i can tell you that i don't keep scan data AT ALL after logout, i even disabled the ScanData module (maybe i should use past tense, this was before the Legion patch made a mess of everything) ... i use external statistics provided by The Undermine as that can provide region median prices and not depend on local realm crazy price variations.

Hopefully the data source module on Curse for The Undermine will get updated soon after the Legion-compatible version of Auctioneer is available.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

privacy
norganna's addons network · tf2 warehouse · scrap warehouse · auctioneer addon · gatherer addon · addon forums · rdrct