Auctioneer not working with WoW 5.4 release
  • The forums did not give me permission to post in the Support area, so I'm posting here.

The existing release of Auctioneer (5.17) does not work on 5.4. When doing a getall scan, massive amounts of data is missed and the database doesn't appear to update. When doing a "slow scan" it takes forever, and the database doesn't appear to update (when I bring up an item via Appraiser, it says the data is still "1 Day, 20 hours old"). If I search for an item that you know has to be there, it returns nothing.

I downloaded and installed version 5.18. Immediately upon login, the error below popped up. When I interact with an auctioneer NPC, I now get only the (horrid) default AH user interface.

Date: 2013-09-10 13:51:56
    ID: 1
    Error occured in: Global
    Count: 1
    Message: Auctioneer was unable to load one or more libraries: Configator Babylonian Tiphelper
    Debug:

Locals:
    None
    AddOns:
    Swatter, v5.18.5430 (PassionatePhascogale)
    AucAdvanced, v5.18.5430 (PassionatePhascogale)
    DebugLib, v5.1.DEV.337(/embedded)
    SlideBar, v5.18.5430 (PassionatePhascogale)
    Stubby, v5.18.5430 (PassionatePhascogale)
    BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v5.4.0.50400
    (ck=104)

• There will be a new version for 5.4 posted shortly. Thanks for the report!
  • New release is up: http://auctioneeraddon.com/dl/

Please download and test. It will get pushed to CG and WoWI in the next 24-48 hours.
  • Thank you!
  • Mine works..except that it will only allow me to post for either 12 or 48 hours, gives an error if I try to post for 24. =) I still love it.
  • With regards to your 12 or 48 hour error, I've noticed a similar issue. It seems to be related to some very odd slider-bar behavior when mouse dragging. If I drag the Duration slider with my mouse it only alternates between 12 and 48 hours, no 24. If however I scroll my mouse wheel over the slider it works okay, showing 12, 24 and 48 hours.

Slider bar behavior is odd in all other areas of Auctioneer and SearchUI too. Some sliders function okay but a lot display very odd values as you move them with mouse drags. Some values are showing as fractional with a decimal point when they clearly should be integer values. The Percentage undercut amount: slider in Simple Auction Configuration screen is an example. As I drag this slider slowly to the right, the first updated number to show in the numeric box is 332 with the Percentage: value to the right showing 0.697679519653322%.

If however I hover my mouse over the slider bar and scroll my mouse wheel to update it, things work fine with values starting at 1 and incrementing in .5 steps.

I've disabled all other third-party addons while trying to track down this issue, as well as clearing out saved variables from previous Auctioneer installs. I'm using release version 5.18.5433. I'm going to download the Preview version and give that a test now.
  • Yes, this was posted about in another thread here, but essentially it's a bug in blizzards slider bar code. We already have a fix for it which you can pull from the dev branch if you're so inclined - otherwise we'll probably push out a new alpha in the near future. in the interim, use the mousewheel as a workaround.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

privacy
norganna's addons network · tf2 warehouse · scrap warehouse · auctioneer addon · gatherer addon · addon forums · rdrct