Auctioneer broken by patch
  • Did you guys not prepare ahead of time on the PTR?

There's about 20 other errors, basically it's just FUBAR currently.

Date: 2016-07-19 13:04:10
    ID: 1
    Error occured in: Global
    Count: 1
    attempt to call global 'GetAuctionItemClasses' (a nil value)
    Debug:
    Auc-Advanced\CoreConst.lua:141: in main chunk
    Locals:
    (*temporary) = { ENCHANT = 26 LASTENTRY = 27 IEQUIP = 5 AMHIGH = 19 FACTOR = 25 MINBID = 15 FLAG_UNSEEN = 2 AucMinTimes = { } FLAG = 21 FLAG_DIRTY = 64 ALEVEL_MAX = 5 EquipEncode = { } PlayerName = "Morfraen" PlayerRealm = "Bleeding Hollow" DEP2 = 10 ISUB = 4 ULEVEL = 14 EquipCodeToInvIndex = { } ALEVEL_HI = 4 ALEVEL_MED = 3 ALEVEL_LOW = 2 ITYPE = 3 ALEVEL_MIN = 1 AucTimes = { } NAME = 9 FLAG_EXPIRED = 128 FLAG_CORRUPT = 256 CURBID = 18 ScanPosLabels = { } COUNT = 11 SEED = 27 SUFFIX = 24 ITEMID = 23 TLEFT = 7 SELLER = 20 EquipLocToInvIndex = { } ILEVEL = 2 FLAG_FILTER = 4 TIME = 8 BUYOUT = 17 BONUSES = 22 AucMaxTimes = { } CANUSE = 13 QUALITY = 12 ALEVEL_OFF = 0 MININC = 16 PRICE = 6 LINK = 1}(*temporary) = {}(*temporary) = nil(*temporary) = "attempt to call global 'GetAuctionItemClasses' (a nil value)"AddOns: Swatter, v5.21g.5579 (SanctimoniousSwamprat) AckisRecipeList, v7.0.3.1 Altoholic, vr166 AucAdvanced, v5.21g.5579 (SanctimoniousSwamprat) Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.332(/embedded) Configator, v5.1.DEV.396(/embedded) DataStore, vr56 DataStoreCharacters, vr36 DebugLib, v5.1.DEV.337(/embedded) LibExtraTip, v5.12.DEV.395(/embedded) SlideBar, v5.21g.5579 (SanctimoniousSwamprat) Stubby, v5.21g.5579 (SanctimoniousSwamprat) TipHelper, v5.12.DEV.389(/embedded) BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v7.0.3.70000 (ck=205)
  • I find myself in a similar situation. Is there an ETA on fix?
  • Quite an offensive commentary Morfraen... Some people do not live only on a game or an addon... I'm pretty sure that it will come up eventually when everything is sorted out.
  • Auctioneer is a very important addon for a lot of players, to not have it ready to go on patch day when tons of gold is being made is simply not acceptable.
  • @ morfraen, Same errors. Actually none of my addons work after the new patch today.
    Losing gold by the minute...
  • Wow - "simply not acceptable" - I'm curious, how much did you donate to them? Enough to fund their ongoing development? Is that what gives you the right to ask such an uncouth, idiotic and childish question? So you gave them $10k? Is that correct? Because that's what I'm assuming you gave to have that kind of moronic attitude. What planet did you grow up on? Or are you still 12? Because on this planet (as reference for when you do grow up) writing an add-on like this takes an enormous amount of time and effort and they basically do it of their own generosity - not for money or anything else. So if I were them, and I saw your comment, I'd simply stop updating it. Or maybe just ban you from it.

So to the developers: folks, I and many other have appreciated your efforts over the years and have grown wealthy and enjoyed a lot of enhanced play time from your work. I hope you still have the interest in developing an update. If so I'd be glad to donate. If not, thanks for all the years of work anyway.
  • Here here chazj. Your are spot on!
  • I know we give when we can-- times are rather tough, and my husband and I only came back to the game recently when we found out you can buy time with gold.

Wish I could bring cookies or something to the developers, who are probably in the same bind that we are. Bills come first.
  • I agree with Morfraen . . . to an extent.

I have used Auctioneer for years and have come to rely upon it greatly. I use it so much, I have forgotten how to do the simplest things on the AH, like search. BUT I agree with everyone else, unless you are paying their salary to right code all day long, I have a close friend who pays a kid from India $30 an hour, compared to the US counter parts who charge $50+ an hour, so I'd say open you bank account. Otherwise go fishing and learn some patient. I'm sure the Developer's are gamers too.
  • Nah, you haven't forgotten how to search the auction house, you just forgot how much it sucked when it's not modified.....
  • Auctioneer is not an entitlement program. We don't have an unalienable right to demand that these folks continue to update the addon.

In fact, I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that they are no longer updating it.

If so (I hope that I am wrong), please accept our heartfelt thanks for the hours and hours of tedium that you have helped us avoid throughout the years. Rest in pesos!
  • dinesh was on last week, so there is still hope despite the current silence from the dev team.
  • I agree that no one should feel entitled or demanding with the creators of this mod. However, if you want have the preeminent, unequaled, number one World of Warcraft auctioneer mod and you do not even have a beta version up prior to the pre-patch of a major expansion, then something is seriously wrong and you are abandoning the field to your competitors, and yes they exist...
  • I'm worried that they aren't getting enough support to *care* if their competitors enter the field.

Being the best is good, but it doesn't do much for improving life quality.
  • In the svn there was a bunch of work done a month ago, but nothing more recently.
  • At the very least they could have communicated with a large community that heavily depends on this addon so that people could prepare to use some alternative if no suitable group could form to take the reigns. At this point we don't even know if it has been abandoned and that really sucks. Certainly they are under no obligation to continue, but a bit of a dick move to not prepare the community and audience they cultivated around it. Of course I just started playing again two weeks ago so I'm not one of them. But this addon IS that important to me and I set to using it as I did 7 years ago. This addon in and of itself is as much of a game to me, if not more, than the content the AH is intended to support. When I realized this wasn't coming back any time soon, I cancelled my subscription. Maybe I'll come back in a few months after the Legion dust has settled although I guess I hope I have better things to do with my time by then. I guess it's for the best I didn't get too engrossed. It was intended to be a short term distraction during a difficult time. Anyway, I'm lamenting here because I have nowhere better to. My point isn't about my individual case, I'm just saying whomever adopted responsibility over the project and community has a duty to communicate with them effectively, or hand over the reigns, or shut the project down with some manner of grace, even for a free product.
  • Well, in light of the apparent abandonment of this mod, I'll be giving Auctionator a try. It was updated for 7.0.3 yesterday.
  • Came here to see if there was a fix, since it doesn't even load the base UI changes. Raw auction house ui -- I haven't seen it in 6 years or so. (This was the second addon I ever used.) Does someone perhaps have an idea as to whether disabling some of the additional pieces might give basic functionality back?
  • I don't know what to do. Auctioneer has all my pricing data and.. What can we do to get it working again?
  • Unfortunately the other competitors don't really come vaguely close. A problem at the moment is the svn server doesn't seem to be working, so I can't look. (Not that I've looked at the code in a very long time.)
  • Nothing has been uploaded to the svn in a month. But there has been work done since the latest release so hopefully they are still working on it.
    When browsing the svn this error pops up. E204899: Disk quota exceeded. So hopefully development is ongoing and they have problem working with the svn....But I have no idéa :/
  • I'm sure I'm not the only one who spends most of their time at the auction house. I get a lot of enjoyment out of making investments. I have no idea what it takes to keep an addon like this going and as Kinesia said, no other addon does what Auctioneer can do.
  • "Kinesia
    Unfortunately the other competitors don't really come vaguely close. A problem at the moment is the svn server doesn't seem to be working, so I can't look. (Not that I've looked at the code in a very long time.)"

TradeskillMaster (TSM) is actually much more powerful, but it requires a lot of setup to get it working for you.

The svn server can be browsed, the url is on the download page. Trying to grab the repository doesn't work though, the error suggests the server is out of disk space.
  • Please please please get this addon working. I just spent 4 hours bashing my head on the desk trying to work out how to use TSM and I can't get it to work. I just want to post my auctions. please make this addon work again.
  • Auctionator is working alright as a "post auctions" and it will let you search for specific things, then list it sorted by item cost, but it is... definitely not Auctioneer. :D
  • Here is but a couple:

Date: 2016-07-20 14:26:09
    ID: 4
    Count: 1
    attempt to index local 'Const' (a nil value)
    Debug:
    Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:249: in main chunk
    Locals:
    lib = { GetCoreModule = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreModule.lua:53 changeLocale = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:201 Data = { } selectorAuctionLength = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:244 distribution = { } getFrameIndex = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:131 localizations = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:85 selectorPriceModels = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:221 RelVersion = "5579" getFrameNames = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:97 setFrame = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:148 Print = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:166 GetDistributionList = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreManifest.lua:170 NOPFUNCTION = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreManifest.lua:71 Debug = { } RegisterRevision = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreManifest.lua:137 configFramesList = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:120 moduledetail = { } revisions = { } GetCurrentRevision = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreManifest.lua:153 ValidateInstall = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreManifest.lua:248 MajorVersion = "5" Version = "5.21g.5579" MinorVersion = "21g" Libraries = { } CoreModuleOnLoad = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreModule.lua:81 Modules = { } GetRevisionList = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreManifest.lua:166}private = { resetPriceModels = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:217}internalUtil = {}tooltip = { GetData = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:362 SetMoneyAsText = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:382 DecodeLink = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:169 GetFactor = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:136 BreakHyperlink = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:132 ShowItemLink = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:315 SetFrame = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:341 AltChatLinkConstants = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:488 GetExtra = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:472 SetEmbed = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:376 CreateMoney = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:477 AddLine = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:398 Coins = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:387 AltChatLinkRegister = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:482 ShowPetLink = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:320 Activate = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:325 SetColor = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:368 GetFrame = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:347 AddCallback = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:335 ClearFrame = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:352 SetData = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:359 GetLinkQuality = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\TipHelper\nTipHelper.lua:301 SanitizeLink = AddOns: Swatter, v5.21g.5579 (SanctimoniousSwamprat) ACP, v3.4.24 AucAdvanced, v5.21g.5579 (SanctimoniousSwamprat) Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.332(/embedded) Configator, v5.1.DEV.396(/embedded) DebugLib, v5.1.DEV.337(/embedded) LibExtraTip, v5.12.DEV.395(/embedded) SlideBar, v5.21g.5579 (SanctimoniousSwamprat) Stubby, v5.21g.5579 (SanctimoniousSwamprat) TipHelper, v5.12.DEV.389(/embedded) BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v7.0.3.70000 (ck=1b8)Date: 2016-07-20 14:26:10ID: 6Error occured in: GlobalCount: 1Message: ..\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreBuy.lua line 51: attempt to call field 'GetModuleLocals' (a nil value)Debug: Auc-Advanced\CoreBuy.lua:51: in main chunkLocals:coremodule = {}internalStore = { Util = { }}lib = { Private = { }}private = {}(*temporary) = nil(*temporary) = "attempt to call field 'GetModuleLocals' (a nil value)"AddOns: Swatter, v5.21g.5579 (SanctimoniousSwamprat) ACP, v3.4.24 AucAdvanced, v5.21g.5579 (SanctimoniousSwamprat) Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.332(/embedded) Configator, v5.1.DEV.396(/embedded) DebugLib, v5.1.DEV.337(/embedded) LibExtraTip, v5.12.DEV.395(/embedded) SlideBar, v5.21g.5579 (SanctimoniousSwamprat) Stubby, v5.21g.5579 (SanctimoniousSwamprat) TipHelper, v5.12.DEV.389(/embedded) BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v7.0.3.70000 (ck=1b8)
  • Another alternative while we wait is AuctionLite. It hasn't been updated on Curse, but there's an alpha release on WowAce for the patch. AL does two things that I really like: it puts AH information into the tooltip and it displays AH costs on a per item basis.

Like everyone else here, I'd rather use Auctioneer, but I'm willing to wait. Quality is more important to me than speed, and I'm going to be spending the next week organising my transmog items anyway...
  • A guy in another topic claims that he fixed it to a point which it cannot scan i presume.
    I have compared all his files with the latest repository in svn and only the CoreScan.lua seems to be the exact copy.
    So my question here is:
    I have been using appraiser hardcore and got all my previous pricing and hidden items data there. So without the "scan" ability will i still be able to use appraiser? I guess not but still wanted to get an opinion from you.
  • I'm getting by with Auctionator in the short term but do hope the guys are working on a pre legion patch update and for that matter Legion itself - surely one of them is in the beta (wish I was).

Please guys, we're lost without you and we'll all send hugs.
    The ones with jobs might even send dollars!

Thanks
  • I had a bit of a look at TSM. It's extremely messy to use and while it has a lot of customisation available it's missing a bunch of very important features. Auctioneer is more straightforward and usable at the same time.
  • @Kinesia: i use both Auctioneer and TSM: Auctioneer for buying stuff but i use TSM to sell stuff as it has a much more customisable system for item groups with different price rules for each group.
    For both of them i use The Undermine as statistics database, using region median prices instead of local realm crazy prices.

errmm.. s/use /used to use /g
    Auctioneer is not working at the moment...switched to Auctionator until it gets fixed, but that one is awkward to use.
  • I just donated $50, lets put our money where our mouths are.
  • I donated $20
  • I'd wait to hear from someone before just giving money. I am not saying don't donate, but first find out if they are still supporting this Add-on. During WoD, I believe it took them 2-3 months to update for the expansion. Without hearing from them, what are you donating towards?

I just signed up, and if they are still active, I'll be more than happy to donate as well.
  • Only a fiver, here. *shame*
    That was my coffee money, though.... Without this add-on, we wouldn't be able to play the game. (Have a few months built up, but really hoping this is working before we run out of game time/gold.)
  • Dumb question - could someone tell me how/where to donate? I've not seen a paypal donate button, but I well could have missed it.
  • http://auctioneeraddon.com/ and it's on the right.

As far as waiting and donating; this happens every expansion, people say they are going to donate, and then it gets updated, and don't. Now Sinnjin, I am not doubting you personally, I'm just saying if we can get some donations rolling I'm sure the authors are going to be way more motivated to update.

I guess I would add; over the last 11 years I have never donated, and I have gotten $50 worth of enjoyment out of the addon, so even if it doesn't get updated I'm not too broken up about the money. Would be a shame to lose the addon, sorting by item level is a god send when you have alts you are trying to auction house gear out.
  • I just put in $5. Been using it since wrath, untold millions in gold made with it.

Don't let this add-on go the way of Carbonite :P
  • $5 out of the 9 i have on paypal. Thank you, devs. Please update!
  • "Kinesia 2:58AM
    I had a bit of a look at TSM. It's extremely messy to use and while it has a lot of customisation available it's missing a bunch of very important features. Auctioneer is more straightforward and usable at the same time."

It's not actually 'messy', once you get it setup it's practically automated. Just go to the AH, hit post, scroll your mousewheel a couple hundred ticks and sit and wait.
  • Just as a sidenote, I'm also getting errors for Enchantrix and Informant. Since they come packaged with Auctioneer, I'm not poking at them explicitly.
  • Just added my $10.00 from PayPal Love this addon and cannot live without it. I know this happen with every expansion so I will wait till you can get it fixed.

Thanks for all the work you have done
  • I try deleting the addon per their instructions. Sadly it did not work but I will have faith that it will be fixed and WoW life will resume as before.
  • Here is my error report.... hope it helps make the process smoother/faster LOL!

Date: 2016-07-22 15:19:30
    ID: 35
    Count: 7
    attempt to call field 'GetModule' (a nil value)
    Debug:
    Auc-Advanced\CoreMain.lua:277:
    Auc-Advanced\CoreMain.lua:261
    Auc-Advanced\CoreMain.lua:369:
    Auc-Advanced\CoreMain.lua:359
    Locals:
    addon = "auc-filter-basic"
    auc = "auc"
    sys = "filter"
    eng = "basic"
    moduleLib = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = "filter"
    (*temporary) = "basic"
    (*temporary) = "attempt to call field 'GetModule' (a nil value)"
    internal = { Util = { } API = { }}AucAdvanced = { Data = { } selectorPriceModels = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:221 Settings = { } RelVersion = "5579" getFrameNames = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:97 GetDistributionList = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreManifest.lua:170 Libraries = { } moduledetail = { } RegisterRevision = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreManifest.lua:137 API = { } revisions = { } Scan = { } Config = { } Buy = { } GetCoreModule = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreModule.lua:53 changeLocale = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:201 Print = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:166 Modules = { } localizations = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:85 setFrame = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:148 GetCurrentRevision = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreManifest.lua:153 Debug = { } EmbeddedModules = { } configFramesList = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:120 Post = { } selectorAuctionLength = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:244 distribution = { } ValidateInstall = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreManifest.lua:248 MajorVersion = "5" Version = "5.21f.5579" MinorVersion = "21f" getFrameIndex = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreUtil.lua:131 CoreModuleOnLoad = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreModule.lua:81 NOPFUNCTION = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreManifest.lua:71 GetRevisionList = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreManifest.lua:166}OnLoad = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\CoreMain.lua:261AddOns: Swatter, v5.21f.5579 (SanctimoniousSwamprat) AckisRecipeList, v7.0.3.2 AckisRecipeListQuickScan, v7.0.3.1 Altoholic, vr167 AucAdvanced, v5.21f.5579 (SanctimoniousSwamprat) AucFilterBasic, v5.21f.5579 (SanctimoniousSwamprat) AucFilterOutlier, v5.21f.5579.2531(5.21f/embedded) AucMatchUndercut, v5.21f.5579.2531(5.21f/embedded) AucStatSales, v5.21f.5579.2842(5.21f/embedded) AucStatWOWEcon, v5.21f.5579.2530(5.21f/embedded) AucUtilAHWindowControl, v5.21f.5579.3311(5.21f/embedded) AucUtilAppraiser, v5.21f.5579.2530(5.21f/embedded) AucUtilAskPrice, v5.21f.5579.3175(5.21f/embedded) AucUtilAutoMagic, v5.21f.5579.3142(5.21f/embedded) AucUtilCompactUI, v5.21f.5579.2530(5.21f/embedded) AucUtilEasyBuyout, v5.21f.5579.3583(5.21f/embedded) AucUtilItemSuggest, v5.21f.5579.3108(5.21f/embedded) AucUtilPriceLevel, v5.21f.5579.2545(5.21f/embedded) AucUtilScanButton, v5.21f.5579.2530(5.21f/embedded) AucUtilScanFinish, v5.21f.5579.2530(5.21f/embedded) AucUtilScanProgress, v5.21f.5579.2530(5.21f/embedded) AucUtilScanStart, v5.21f.5579.4784(5.21f/embedded) AucUtilSearchUI, v5.21f.5579.5272(5.21f/embedded) AucUtilSimpleAuction, v5.21f.5579.4546(5.21f/embedded) AucUtilVendMarkup, v5.21f.5579.2530(5.21f/embedded) Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.332(/embedded) Configator, v5.1.DEV.396(/embedded) DataStore, vr56 DataStoreCharacters, vr36 DebugLib, v5.1.DEV.337(/embedded) LibExtraTip, v5.12.DEV.395(/embedded) SlideBar, v5.21f.5579 (SanctimoniousSwamprat) Stubby, v5.21f.5579 (SanctimoniousSwamprat) TipHelper, v5.12.DEV.389(/embedded) BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v7.0.3.70000 (ck=65b)
  • NVM - i was able to track it down, it is the same. Latest comments claim the latest version off wowace is failing the scan. *sigh*

@dicrostonyx - is the AuctionLite you mention the same as the one on WoWInterface.com? I can't tell... :/ All the auction house addons say they do the same thing.
  • I registered an account here for the very first time, just so I can share how important this add-on has been to me.

I only began using it in Wrath because I was still getting used to add-ons that do a lot of customization of the default frames. I've used it ever since, and trying to use the default Auction House interface is just horrid. I once tried TSM a few years ago, and while I grant that it is very powerful and has lots of options, it's not what I need. I am quite happy with what Auctioneer offers me.

I just donated for the first time because I have a steady job now, but I wish I had been able to donate money previously. This add-on has value to me, and I know that the people who have maintained it over these many years have donated hours upon hours of their time. Their time has value, too. I just wish I could do justice to that generosity.

To posters saying they won't donate until they hear news or the add-on receives an update that makes it function again: That is entirely your discretion. I will not judge you for it. Please let me say, though - for myself - that even if it is never updated again, that $10 I just donated was not a waste. I've used the add-on for free for years. I can finally give back something to the people who have provided that improved AH experience that I have enjoyed for those years.

Kind regards,

Aliok-Malfurion
  • @Barleduq

The AuctionLite addon on WowInterface is the same one as on WowAce, but does not have the recent versions. The newest version on WowInterface seems to be 1.8.13 released on Oct 19th, 2014, while WowAce has an alpha release called r267 from July 20th, 2016.

Note that I haven't really played with AuctionLite much. (Between lag and transmog I just haven't had time for auctions.) A few years ago I went to a panel about WoW at DragonCon, and AuctionLite was recommended by several panellists, including the modder who made the original Ace libraries.
  • For all the years, the ease of use and the fun learning micro economics; and the gold that financed an army of characters across a dozen servers. I donated $10 even if it's never updated again. I hope it is, but I wanted the dev's to know how much fun and pleasure their addon has brought to playing WOW for me.
  • Wow some of you are pathetic.
  • I too donated 10$. Even if this addon has been abandoned it still gave me a lot of joy. =D
  • Hi folks! Sorry for the inconveniences with the addon being broken, and thanks for the recent spate of donations. We appreciate it.

We're working on things, but they'll be ready when they're ready. We have a very limited development group at the moment, and each have things going on outside the game as well.

When we have new versions ready, they'll be posted here as usual, and then soon thereafter put in CG and WOWI as usual.

Thanks!
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

privacy
norganna's addons network · tf2 warehouse · scrap warehouse · auctioneer addon · gatherer addon · addon forums · rdrct