Anti-jitter-tooltip issue - Fix against preview?
  • I saw George's fix for the tooltip SeizureMatic issue. Unfortunately, patching that in against the preview did not remedy the issue. Does anyone have a fix against the preview version released by the official devs?

Thanks!
  • The tooltip jitters are (mostly?) fixed in the current dev build. Multiple tooltips might still behave strangely (like an equip compare, e.g.).

I'll probably push a new preview out later today with this fix.
  • I've grabbed the dev file few days ago and replaced all instances in mine (updating the preview build) and my tooltips are behaving solidly. Even with comparisons. The sizing is a litte weird as Auctioneer tooltip is tad wider than my wow tooltip so it slightly overlaps comparison item if there's enough text in there, like the set pieces, but that's a minor OCD thing rather than an issue for me.
  • Update: found the culprit for size differences. If beancounter has a record of the item, the actioneer tooltip gets wider, if beancounter has no record, tooltip is same size as wow tooltip. Its the 'last won for unknown [days ago]' text.
  • Comparisons are stilll sometimes broken. It's on my list to investigate...

Yes, if we try to resize the game tooltip - that causes the flicker. So far I haven't found a way to avoid it, because Blizzard code is resizing the tooltip down, right after we resize it up.
  • "Yes, if we try to resize the game tooltip - that causes the flicker. So far I haven't found a way to avoid it, because Blizzard code is resizing the tooltip down, right after we resize it up."

Interesting, I'd wondered what was doing it, thought it was another addon. Although, with TSM if you use embedded tooltips it does resize the game tooltip without flicker. Maybe their version of LibExtraTip has something the original is missing?
  • Nope, it's just Bliz and ExtraTip causing it.
    Bliz shows the tooltip, we resize up, Bliz sizes down, we resize up, repeat until you head breaks the desk.
    Embedding disables a LOT of the tooltip functionality. But it avoids resizing because you don't have to match the size of two tooltips.
  • then allow the second tooltip to have its own width? do they really have to have matching widths?
  • Look at the latest version, where the extra tip can be much wider. It is much prettier when they match widths.
  • "Embedding disables a LOT of the tooltip functionality. But it avoids resizing because you don't have to match the size of two tooltips."

Ah... right, the blizzard tooltip automatically resizes to fit it's contents, whereas with the external tooltip LibExtraTip is trying to manually force it to a certain width.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

privacy
norganna's addons network · tf2 warehouse · scrap warehouse · auctioneer addon · gatherer addon · addon forums · rdrct