Vendor Searcher requires multiple scans
  • I stumbled upon this by accident one time when I inadvertently clicked search again right after already searching once, and noticed that items popped up the second time that didn't the first. I've experimented with this, and sometimes new items will show up as late as the 10th time of clicking 'Search' that didn't show up any of the previous times. Consequently I've gotten into the habit lately of clicking 'Search' 12 to 15 times after every scan of the auction house in an effort to make sure I didn't miss anything. This has become quite tedious to do every time. I don't know what could be causing this or if anyone is aware of it already. Shouldn't any matching items be showing up after clicking 'Search' the first time? Why would subsequent searches of the same snapshot (presumably) be coming up with different results? The reverse also happens, where items show up the first time but then disappear for subsequent searches, only to show up again 3 or 5 or 10 searches later. What's going on here?
  • Hmmm... The only thing that comes to mind off the top of my head... Buying items initiates "update" searches for that item. So if you buy a few items and it rescans that item then new scans that are valid for that particular item will become available. Do you only get new items that match previous things you got? (If things are completely new then it doesn't quite make sense.)
  • I have noticed this myself, and I believe it is due to the Blizzard API function GetItemInfo requently failing.
  • @Kinesia No, I'm not doing any buying between searches.

@brykrys Thanks. I'm glad someone else has seen this as well. If it is due to a Blizzard bug, I hope they get it sorted soon.
  • Hopefully 7.1 fixes a lot of things. Of course there will be _new_ bugs to find! Hoorah!
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

privacy
norganna's addons network · tf2 warehouse · scrap warehouse · auctioneer addon · gatherer addon · addon forums · rdrct