Tooltip - The Undermine Journal
  • With the new release on curse r5688 the upper tooltip with the Undermine Journal info has shifted the numbers outside and to the right of the tooltip box on some items. Here is an example: http://tinypic.com/r/1znr483/9 Some items the currency is completely outside of the tooltip box.
  • I'm unable to view these links now, but I did see them earlier.

LibExtraTip is trying to resize the upper tooltip to match the lower one. The text is getting moved correctly, but the border is not.

Something is preventing proper resizing, but whatever it is it's not Undermine, as that works fine on my system.
  • I've unloaded all addons and reloaded Auctioneer and The Undermine Journal and still have the issue. Oddly it appears to be somewhat random. Sometimes the upper tooltip resizes other times it does not and varies item by item. The specific addon is Stubby although the bottom tooltip does not display for me unless Stubby is loaded. Also the change occurred when I updated Auctioneer from Curse recently.
  • the most recent curse version added in code that fixes some of the tooltip problems, so it make sense that you saw a change after that.

stubby is required for any part of auctioneer to work, including the tooltips, so it makes sense that that needs to be enabled. it doesn't mean that stubby is causing the problem though. stubby is just a framework for loading addon things.
  • Understood although I still have the issue and Auctioneer and/or The Undermine Journal is causing it because these were the only 2 addons I had loaded.
  • OK I think I managed to reproduce this with just Auctioneer, with Informant set to embed mode.

Still don't know what the hell is going on, as when I added some debug code to inspect the variables the problem went away!. Remove debug code, it's back :(
  • Oh, I _hate_ it when debugging does that! It's so frustrating!
  • @Danoid - if you're willing to try replacing a file, here's a modified LibExtraTip file:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbr0es84trz6nsk/LibExtraTip.zip?dl=0

Unzip LibExtraTip.lua to a temp folder
    Navigate to World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Auc-Advanced/Libs/LibExtraTip
    You should find the existing copy of LibExtraTip.lua there - replace it with the one from the zip file.

(Back everything up first, just to be safe)
  • That seems to have fixed it. Mine was behaving kind of flaky also where the issue was there then not there etc. Similar to when you removed the debug code I guess. You guys rock and thanks for the help!
  • @Danoid thanks for testing!

Seems the tooltip size doesn't get fixed properly until you look at it - must have been designed by Shrödinger :D

Still needs more work to find out what is going on, but for now I'm just trying to get something that works.
  • With that change I now get this error intermittently when hovering over the Orderhall Button on the Minimap.

Message: [string "GameTooltip:OnEnter"]:2: Usage: GameTooltip:SetText("text" [, color, wrap])
    Time: 11/09/16 09:25:28
    Count: 6
    Stack: [C]: in function `SetText'
    [string "*:OnEnter"]:2: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>

Locals: (*temporary) = GameTooltip {
    0 =
    SetQuestLogRewardSpell = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402
    SetSpellBookItem = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402
    Outfitter_OrigSetBagItem = defined =[C]:-1
    SetExistingSocketGem = defined =[C]:-1
    SetCurrencyToken = defined =[C]:-1
    SetShapeshift = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402
    hasMoney = 1
    Outfitter_OrigSetHyperlink = defined =[C]:-1
    SetQuestRewardSpell = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402
    LibExtraTipRight = { } LibExtraTipLeft = { } comparing = false SetSocketGem = defined =[C]:-1 canAddRestStateLine = 1 Show = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetPetAction = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetUnitDebuff = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetLootItem = defined =[C]:-1 SetQuestItem = defined =[C]:-1 SetTrainerService = defined =[C]:-1 numMoneyFrames = 1 SetCurrencyTokenByID = defined =[C]:-1 SetCurrencyByID = defined =[C]:-1 SetInboxItem = defined =[C]:-1 SetBuybackItem = defined =[C]:-1 shoppingTooltips = { } SetAuctionItem = defined =[C]:-1 SetMerchantItem = defined =[C]:-1 SetQuestLogItem = defined =[C]:-1 SetBackpackToken = defined =[C]:-1 SetUnitBuff = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetTalent = defined @Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetTradePlayerItem = defined =[C]:-1 SetSendMailItem = defined =[C]:-1 Outfitter_OrigSetInventoryItem = defined =[C]:-1 updateTooltip = 0.017999990656972 SetInventoryItem = defined @Interface\AddOns\Outfitter\Outfitter.lua:7354 SetRecipeReagentItem = defined =[C]:-1 SetMerchantCostItem = defined =[C]:-1 SetLootRollItem = defined =[C]:-1 SetTradeTargetItem = defined =[C]:-1 SetAuctionSellItem = defined =[C]:-1 SetBagItem = defined @Interface\AddOns\Outfitter\Outfitter.lua:7340 needsReset = true SetAction = defined =[C]:-1 SetGuildBankItem = defined =[C]:-1 SetHyperlink = defined @Interface\AddOns\Outfitter\Outfitter.lua:7374 SetRecipeResultItem = defined =[C]:-1}(*temporary) = nil(*temporary) = 1(*temporary) = 1(*temporary) = 1
  • That doesn't look like a swatter error log. And it doesn't show a correct call chain for us to debug.
  • XML code is hard to debug, because the error messages never have the filename or line number. However in this case it's probably the unmodified Blizzard code for this button.

Other Addons could cause this error, by messing up the text that's supposed to display in the tooltip, so look at Orderhall Addons, or maybe Minimap AddOns.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

privacy
norganna's addons network · tf2 warehouse · scrap warehouse · auctioneer addon · gatherer addon · addon forums · rdrct