Addon Startup Spam to Chat Window
  • How can I get rid of or stop the spam at the start of each game from the suite package? At the start of each game/character sign in, the following spams my chat window. I like my chat clean and this is intrusive to me:

AucAdvanced: Util:EasyBuyout loaded!
    Auctioneer: Util:ScanFinish loaded!
    AucAdvanced: Util:ScanStart loaded!
    AucAdvanced: Util:FixAH loaded!
    AucAdvanced: Match:BeanCount loaded!
    Enchantrix v 7.4.5714-5662 loaded!
    AucAdvanced: Util:EasyBuyout loaded!
    Auctioneer: Util:ScanFinish loaded!
    AucAdvanced: Util:ScanStart loaded!
    AucAdvanced: Util:FixAH loaded!
    AucAdvanced: Match:BeanCount loaded!
    Enchantrix v 7.4.5714-5662 loaded!

Yes, it repeats itself. Yes, it is annoying.

I thought there was a checkbox somewhere to tell the addon to "shut up" about this stuff, but I've gone through each tab/section and found nothing that I see.

Please help, my sanity begs you!!

-Shiholude
  • I think I agree that we don't need load messages for each Module. I'll see what the other Devs think, but it would be straightforward to remove them all.

I think the Main AddOns should probably have load messages - Auctioneer, Enchantrix, Informant and BeanCounter. Oddly Auctioneer doesn't have a load message, when it probably should.

Very strange that it is showing those messages twice, suggests Auctioneer is getting two "ADDON_LOADED" events at startup. It's not happening to me - if it's happening to anyone else please say here...
  • I could edit it out myself if this something that the devs don't feel like putting in. I'd just need to know which module to dig through.

I do this on other such addons that announce that they are loaded (like I need to know which ones I loaded, after all, I'm the one that loaded them). But this was much larger and has so many modules that I didn't know where to start.

Add in the localizations and the code it much more cryptic. No easy search for "loaded!" to find the corresponding section of code.
  • i only get one set of messages, not 2.

create a new chat tab/window (right click on the title of the General tab and select "new window", give it a title) and then configure Auctioneer to direct all its messages to that window.

Most messages from Auctioneer are now directed to that window and you won't see them anymore in General.
  • Each module has its own loaded message. Many of them have already been commented out (yes there used to be a lot more!). They're usually in the module's OnLoad function. Or you could find-in-files for the "loaded!" string, as they're not localized.

Considering how many have already been commented out, it'll probably be OK for me to remove the remaining few - for a future update.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

privacy
norganna's addons network · tf2 warehouse · scrap warehouse · auctioneer addon · gatherer addon · addon forums · rdrct